- This event has passed.
Advocacy Conference for African International Students
African Development and Advocacy Centre, AFRIDAC and Susan Fajana- Thomas Foundation Trust, SFT are organising an Advocacy Conference for African International Students in the UK this October. The conference will be hosted by Dame Meg Hillier MP, Hackney South and Shoreditch and Chair of the Public Accounts Committee.
Venue: UK Parliament, Palace of Westminster, London SW1A 0AA
Date: 25 October 2023
Time: 5pm – 7pm
Attendance is free but registration is compulsory, kindly use this link https://advocacy4aisuk.eventbrite.co.uk to reserve your seat
- Oladapo Awosokanre – Conference Convener, Executive Director, African Development and Advocacy Centre (AFRIDAC)
- Councillor Susan Fajana-Thomas OBE – Conference Chair, Councillor Stoke Newington Ward, Hackney, London
- Dame Meg Hillier MP – Host/Keynote Speaker, MP Hackney South & Shoreditch and Chair of the Public Accounts Committee
- Dr Jennifer Obaseki – Speaker, Senior Partner Obaseki Solicitors
- Professor Chris Imafidon – Speaker, Chair, Board of Directors (Excellence in Education).
The conference is premised on an advocacy initiative we are leading in support of African International Students in the UK. Our desk research reveals African international students in the UK are struggling in different areas and their well-being is impacted adversely. To reinforce this hypothesis, we are conducting a UK wide survey among all African international students studying in the UK and those that have been student in the last 10 years. The analysis of the survey will give us a better understanding of the issues and important data for further research. Click bellow to download conference programme.